1 cup Almond flour
5 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup maple or coconut sugar
1 cup ground flax seed
4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 TBSP. ground cinnamon
2 eggs, large
1 cup coconut oil (or any oil you like)
2 cups Buttermilk
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cinnamon honey (Honey Pacifica brand is awesome!)
2 cups dried tart cherries
2 cups walnut pieces
Step by Step Directions
Preheat the oven to 350°
Line Texas size muffin tins with paper wrappers… I use coffee filters.
- In a large mixing bowl sift all of the dry ingredients together. Stir the dry mixture after the sift to combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, oil, honey, buttermilk and water. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid. Mix by hand, folding and scraping until the mixture is evenly moistened. Add the dries cherries and walnuts, stir to combine.
- Fill the muffins cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center to test for doneness. When it comes out clean they are ready.
These keep, covered, for up to one week and stay very moist. They freeze well also.